2003- Finnjewel Oy
- Freelance writing
Hockey: The Hockey News, ESPN.com, nhl.com, IIHF.com, Jääkiekkolehti, MTV (Finland), Hockey (Sweden), Champions Hockey League
Other: SAS’s Scanorama’s Web & Tech editor, general business writing, profiles
Translated a youth book series (of 22 books) from Swedish into Finnish
- Editor-in-chief and publisher of Hockey (2003-05)
- Numerous magazine/Web projects
Examples: Assa Abloy, Universum, Scandinavian Traveler
2002-2003 Kynämies Oy, Helsinki, Finland
- Managing editor for seven customer magazines
- Concept for award-winning Ekonomi
- Editorial team leader
1998 – 2002 Appelberg Publishing Agency AB, Stockholm, Sweden
- Project manager for M-real’s international customer magazine. Including start-up of the magazine, Embrace.
- Editor at Ericsson’s global customer magazine On.
- Project manager for internal communications for Ericsson Consumer Products.
- Created several communications platforms.
- Marketing Appelberg in Finland
- Created and relaunched Appelberg’s marketing communication material
- Member of Appelberg’s New media group
1995 – 1998 Canadian Embassy Helsinki, Finland
Business development officer
- Promoted Canadian exports to Finland: Areas of responsibility: sporting goods, environmental technology and forestry, among others.
- Helped several companies find partners in Finland. Example: Circul-Aire, an air purifier manufacturer in Quebec.
- Launched the Embassy’s first Web site.
- Also wrote several country reports on different sectors.
1992 – 1995 Freelance (editor and translator) Helsinki, Finland
(Homme Habile; founder)
- Editor and translator for Egmont’s hockey magazines (Inside Hockey, Pro Hockey and Finnish Beckett’s) from Norwegian/Swedish into Finnish.
- Market research and analysis for several Finnish companies.
- Marketed a computer-based hockey coach’s tool, Hockey Manager, in the Nordic countries.
- Translated (from English into Finnish) and edited five books for Karisto Oy; one Formula 1 book and four NHL Hockey books.
- Worked on a consultative basis for the National Hockey League during International Challenge 1994 event and World Cup of Hockey in 1996.
- Wrote and translated articles for the official tournament program. Also did research about hockey in Europe.
- Contributor of the EuroReport hockey site.
1986 – 1991 Helsinki School of Economics Helsinki, Finland
M. Sc. (econ.)
Enrolled at the HSE as a post-graduate student, research topic: Sponsorship. Did a study on “sponsorship’s effect on brand loyalty among hard-core fans of the sponsored teams” for Finnish Hartwall, sponsor of Jokerit, Helsinki, in 1993.
Finnish: native language
Spanish: basic skills
INTERESTS AND HOBBIES
Hockey, writing, sports in general, sports business, “ideas,” and travel